About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Show & Tell Tuesday - January Rag Quilt & Garden Delight

Show & Tell Tuesday
 
Today is Show & Tell Tuesday.  I guess 25 years of teaching preschool have left their mark.  Each week my plan is to highlight a few of the quilts that I have finished. My goal is to eventually post a picture of almost all the quilts that I have made. 

The first quilt I want to feature is a rag quilt I made from a pattern in the book  A Year of Rag Quilts by Annis Clapp.

January Rag Quilt



There are 12 quilts in this book, one for each month of the year.  This specific pattern is for the month of January.  It is made with a variety of blue home spun fabric which frays beautifully when washed.  It is small, just 23" X 23".  I use it mostly as a table topper.  It looks so pretty on top of my red tablecloth.

I plan on doing all the small quilts in this book.  As of now, I have only completed five of them...January through May.

My next Show & Tell is the quilt I had on my long-arm quilting machine a few weeks ago. 


Garden Delight

Unlike my January Rag Quilt this quilt is quite large.  It measures 74" X 74".  It is called Garden Delight and was made from patterns that appeared in Quilters Newsletter magazine over the course of a year. (2011)   It is constructed completely of 1930's Reproduction fabric.  I still need to hand sew the binding.



Well, this is my first Show & Tell Tuesday.  Next week I will feature two or three more quilts that I have made.    

Until next time.......Happy stitching!

Sharyn



1 comment:

  1. This quilt is beautiful! I just voted for you in the Quilting Gallery contest. Thanks for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete