About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Soup-athon


Chicken Noodle-Vegetable Soup


  • 2 cans    chicken broth (14 oz. each)
  • 1 C         water
  • 1 can      condensed cream of chicken soup (10.75 oz)
  • 1/2 t       dried thyme, crushed
  • 1/8 t       salt
  • 1/8 t       black pepper
  • 2            boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 C         sliced carrots
  • 3/4 C      chopped onion
  • 1/2 C      sliced celery
  • 1            bay leaf
  • 2 C         dried wide egg noodles
  • 1/2 C      frozen peas

1.  In a large pot combine chicken broth, water, soup, thyme, salt and pepper.  Add chicken breasts, carrots, onion, celery and bay leaf.  Bring to boiling; reduce heat.  Simmer, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.

2.  Remove chicken from pot; cool slightly.  Discard bay leaf.  Return broth mixture to boiling; add noodles and frozen peas.  Cook for 5-7 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.  Meanwhile, shred or chop chicken meat; stir into soup.  Heat through.

 
                    ENJOY

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment