About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Soup-athon


Wild Rice and Turkey Soup

  • 1         6.2 oz pkg quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
  • 2 T      butter or margarine
  • 4 oz     fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
  • 1 C      sliced celery
  • 32oz    reduced sodium chicken broth (4C)
  • 1/4 t    black pepper
  • 2 C      chopped cooked turkey
  • 1 C      whipping cream


 1.      Prepare the rice mix according to package directions, except omit any butter or margarine.
            
 2.      In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat.  Add mushrooms and celery.  Cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender and most of the mushroom liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.

 3.      Add chicken broth and pepper.  Bring to boiling; reduce heat.  Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.  Stir is cooked rice mixture, turkey and whipping cream.  Heat through.



I used Perdue Short Cuts Turkey Breast and Uncle Ben's Ready Rice. 

Delish!!! 

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!

Sharyn

    No comments:

    Post a Comment