Wild Rice and Turkey Soup
- 1 6.2 oz pkg quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 T butter or margarine
- 4 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 C sliced celery
- 32oz reduced sodium chicken broth (4C)
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 2 C chopped cooked turkey
- 1 C whipping cream
1. Prepare the rice mix according to package directions, except omit any butter or margarine.
2. In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and celery. Cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender and most of the mushroom liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
3. Add chicken broth and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir is cooked rice mixture, turkey and whipping cream. Heat through.
I used Perdue Short Cuts Turkey Breast and Uncle Ben's Ready Rice.
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!