About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Friday, February 24, 2012

Foodie Friday

Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes


  • 1 1/2  pounds     ground beef
  •     1    cup         chopped celery
  •  1/2    cup         chopped onion
  •     1    bottle      chili sauce (12 oz)
  •     2    T            brown sugar
  •     2    T            sweet pickle relish
  •     1    T            Worcestershire sauce
  •     1    t             salt
  •  1/8    t             pepper
  •     8                  hamburger buns, split

1.  In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.  Transfer to a 3-quart slow cooker.

2.  Stir in the chili sauce, brown sugar, pickle relish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.  Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until flavors are combined.  Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture onto each bun.

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment