About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, December 31, 2012

Make-A-List Monday





Make-A-List Monday


The Week of December 24, 2012
(in review)


1. Work on Clue #6 of the Easy Street Mystery to be released on Friday, December 28, 2012.


Here are some of the units I made for Clue #6.  





Clue #7 was released this morning and Clue #8, the final clue, will be released tomorrow.  Happy New Year to me!!!



2. Complete the two blocks for the PQW Saturday Sampler.


Here are the two blocks I did this month.  




The end of this BOM is coming soon.


3. Add 40 hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired Christmas Hexagon quilt.




275 Hexies




4. Continue to work through my Christmas Control Journal.



I find my Christmas Control Journal so helpful as I celebrate Christmas with family and friends.  I start in the beginning of October and do a step at a time.  It has definitely taken most of the stress of this holiday away.  If you are interested in starting a Christmas Control Journal check out the Flylady website.



5. Go out for Christmas Eve Dinner and to 8PM mass. 


Our dinner was lovely and the service was beautiful.


Our Church always looks so pretty at Christmas time.


6. Host a Christmas Day feast for family and friends.


Our Christmas day celebration was super.  All the food was wonderful, if I do say so myself.  It was so nice to spend time with people who are so important to me. 



7. Attend a showing of Les Miserables on Christmas night. 





I was blown away by this movie.  It was AMAZING!  



8. Finish piecing the backing for the Shop Hop quilt.


This quilt is now ready to be quilted.


9. Spend a day with little Ryder.





10. Post recipes for a lot of the dishes I served on Christmas Day.


I was able to take pictures of all the dishes.  I will post the recipes soon.


11. Finish the Craftsy Block of the Month quilt top.


I was able to finish another block for this quilt.



I have one more block to go and then I will start the sashing.



The Week of December 31, 2012

1.  Work on clue #7 and #8 for Easy Street mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter.

2.  Organize my 2013 Blocks of the Month.  

3.  Prepare a list of "Quilts Ready to be Quilted."  I have 12 quilts in line to be quilted on Annie, my long arm machine.  My goal is to make an ongoing list of quilts that are ready to be quilted in order to track my progress.  I hope to get this number down to three or less by the end of the year.
  
4.  Add 39 Hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired Christmas Hexagon quilt.

5.  Finish the Craftsy Block of the Month quilt top.

6.  Watch the USC Trojans play in the Sun Bowl.



Unfortunately Matt Barkley is unable to play because of a shoulder injury.  Hopefully freshman QB Max Wittek, Marquis Lee and Robert Woods can still get the job done.


FIGHT ON!!!

7.  Do a little decorating for the winter season.

8.  Work on a paper-pieced heart sampler.

9.  Work on a few Dear Jane Blocks.

10.  Spend a day with Ryder.

That's it for this week.  After a week of very little sewing, I hope to get back into my studio and make some progress on my list.




Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment