Banana Chocolate Chip Walnut Bread
- 2 C All-Purpose Flour
- 1 t. Baking Soda
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/2 C Butter or Margarine, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 C Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 T Grated Orange Peel
- 1 C Mashed Bananas, (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 C Buttermilk (*see below)
- 1 C Chopped Walnuts
- 1 C Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 340 degrees. Grease two 8" x 4" loaf pans.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
In large bowl, at medium speed, cream butter, sugar, eggs and orange peel until light and fluffy. Beat in mashed bananas..
At low speed, gradually add flour mixture, then buttermilk; beat just until smooth. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
Divide batter evenly between the two prepared pans. Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove pans to a wire rack to cool. In approximately 15 minutes remove bread from pans and cool completely. When cool wrap in plastic wrap and foil to keep fresh.
Makes 2 loaves
* To make 1/2 C Buttermilk...Combine 1/2 C Milk and 1 T Vinegar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir.
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!