About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, December 3, 2012

Make-A-List Monday


Make-A-List Monday


The Week of November 26, 2012

(In Review)

1.  Add 35 more Hexies to my Christmas Hexie Quilt.



I now have 108 hexies done.

Please check out my Christmas Hexie Journey HERE

2.  Finish quilting my 1930's Farmer's Wife quilt and load the next quilt.

This is the 1930's version of my Farmer's Wife quilt when it was still on Annie.  I did an all over Baptist Fan quilt pattern.


This is part of the quilt right after I added the binding.  There are 111 blocks altogether.


There is so much to say about this quilt and the civil war repro version that I also made.  I will save this discussion for a Show & Tell Tuesday.

I loaded my next quilt to be quilted called Appomattox.  

3.  Attend the Twister Holiday Stocking class at The Village Quilter in Mt. Holly, NJ.



This is the fabric that I pieced using the Little Twister tool.



I am not really happy with it.  I want to redo it using fabric with more contrast so that the pinwheels are more visible.

4.  Spend two days with my Sweet Ryder.


Ryder really enjoyed his cooked carrots.  He looks thrilled doesn't he?

5.  Three doctor's appointments...UGH!

Thankfully, all my appointments went well.  Now, hopefully I won't have to go back to a doctor until February for my physical.

6.  Volunteer at our local high school craft show.  

The craft show was wonderful, as usual.  I arrived at 6:30 AM to sell doughnuts, bagels and coffee.  The food and coffee was free for the crafters but many times they want to purchase more.

7.  Bake Sugar Cookies and Chocolate Snaps.  

Sugar Cookies



Chocolate Snaps




















                                 

These are two of my favorite cookies (do I say that for every cookie recipe I post?)

Look for these recipes in a post on Foodie Friday.






8.  Work on Clue #2 for Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street mystery quilt.


For this clue we needed to make 128 flying geese units.  I have finished both clue #1 and clue #2.  Now I will anxiously await clue #3 to be sent on Friday.

9.  Work on three blocks from the Just Takes 2 Quilt Along.


I still have a long way to go with this Quilt Along but I'm loving the way the blocks are coming out.

For the most part...a very productive week.  Now let's see what next week will bring.



The Week of December 3, 2012


1.  Organize my Christmas shopping list and any other things that are in my Christmas Control Journal.

Years ago I discovered Flylady.net.  It is a website that has helped me organize my life.  One of the things that Flylady taught me was the importance of planning.  Using Flylady principles, I have developed a Christmas Control Journal (CCJ).  I use my CCJ all through the year to help me stay on track while planning my Christmas decorating, cooking, baking, and gift buying.  

2.  Continue to work on my Christmas Hexie Quilt.  My goal is to add 35 more hexies this week.

3.  Re-do the pieced fabric I will need to make Ryder's Christmas stocking.

4.  Work on the last two blocks for the Quilt Square Quilt Along.  I'm so sad to see this Quilt Along come to an end.  It has been so enjoyable.

5.  Work on the Appomattox quilt that is now loaded on Annie.

6.  Spend two days with my favorite Christmas elf...Ryder.


7.  Attend PQW Saturday Sampler.

8.  Bake spritz cookies and peanut butter cookies.

9.  Work on Clue #3 for the Easy Street mystery quilt.

10.  If time I would like to start a tumbler quilt for Ryder.

I hope we all have a wonderful week and that we take time to enjoy this beautiful holiday season.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment