About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Friday, December 14, 2012

Foodie Friday

Sugar Cookies






  • 1 C       Butter (2 sticks)  softened (no substitutions)
  • 1/2 C    Granulated Sugar
  • 1          Large Egg
  • 1 T       Vanilla Extract
  • 3 C       All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 t.    Baking Powder
  • 1/2 t.    Salt
    Optional :    Colored sugar and frosting for decorating

In a large bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat butter and sugar until blended.

Increase speed to high; beat in egg and vanilla.

Beat in flour, baking powder and salt until blended and dough forms.

Divide dough into four equal pieces; flatten each piece into a disk.  Wrap each disk with waxed paper and refrigerate for one hour or place in freezer for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll one piece of dough 1/8 inch thick.  With floured cookie cutters, cut dough into as many cookies as possible.  Re-roll scraps and cut some more.

Place cookies, 1 inch apart, on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  If using colored sugar, sprinkle each unbaked cookie.

Bake for 7 - 12 minutes, depending on the size of cookies cutters used.
Cookies should be lightly browned.

Transfer to a wire rack to cool. 

When cool, cookies may be decorated with icing if desired.

Makes ~5 dozen cookies   ---   depending on the size cookie cutter used


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn


  

No comments:

Post a Comment