About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, December 17, 2012

Make-A-List Monday













Make-A-List Monday


The Week of December 10, 2012
(in review)

1. Finish the pieced pinwheel border on the 2012 NJ Shop Hop Quilt.

I finally finished my pieced pinwheel border for this quilt.



I did this entire quilt top as a Leader/Ender project including the borders so it did take a while.



I am happy with the finished top.  I did not have enough of the white background fabric to do an outside border but luckily I was able to find just enough at the fabric store to finish the project.  Now to work on the backing.

2. Finish quilting Appomattox which is still on Annie.

This quilt is done and ready to be bound.  I will share specifics in a Show & Tell Tuesday sometime in the future.

Here are a few pictures...






3. Quilt Ryder's Christmas stocking fabric and complete the stocking.

I love the way little Ryder's stocking finished.  I got to use my new embroidery machine.



It took me three tries before I got it right.  Here is the finished stocking...



Here is his stocking after Santa visited...



I can't wait for him to open all his presents.  He is a lucky little boy.

4. Add 35 more hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired Christmas Hexie quilt for a total of 183 hexies.




It will be increasingly difficult to photograph my progress as this quilt materializes but I will try.

5. Spend one day with sweet Ryder.

My DH Don spent our Ryder Time with the little guy this week.  Here he is ready for the Cowboys vs. Steelers game.



Good job cheering on the Cowboys, Little Ryder.  The Cowboys won in overtime.

6. Bake Spritz Cookies and Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies that I did not get to last week.


Spritz Cookies

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies


My plan is to post the recipes for these cookies on Foodie Friday.

7. Work on Clue #4 on Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Mystery Quilt.


Clue #4    64 Units

Clue #1 to #4


8. Work on two blocks for the PQW Saturday Sampler.

9. Finish the Craftsy Block of the Month quilt.

10. Begin working on a paper pieced heart sampler.


I did not get to the last three items on my list.  This is such a busy time of year with so many things to do.  Hopefully I will get to these items in the near future.



The Week of December 17, 2012

1.  Knit a Christmas hat for little Ryder.  

2.  Finish knitting some scarves for Christmas presents.  I have a tradition of giving people homemade scarves for Christmas.  This year I am so far behind in my scarf knitting.  There might be a few IOU's this year if I don't get busy.

3.  Add 52 hexies to my Christmas Hexagon Quilt.  I know this is 17 more than my original plan but I want to finish the next background round.  This should give me a total of 235 hexies.  

4.  Spend two days with my favorite grandson.  I get to spend my usual day with him midweek and then I get to spend Saturday with him as well.  I am a lucky Grammy!

5.  Piece a backing for the NJ Shop Hop quilt I finished piecing last week.

6.  Quilt the Kindred Quilt Shop Saturday Sampler quilt top I finished piecing in May, 2012.

7.  Continue to work through my Christmas Control Journal.  This week I will do my set-up, go grocery shopping, bake banana bread, Magic Cookie Bars, Pumpkin Pie and make Crispix Mix.  We will also order our 28 pound turkey.  This is only the beginning. There will be lots more to do next week.

8.  Work on Clue #5 on Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt...Easy Street.

That's it for this week.  Not a whole lot of sewing planned.  I am just tooooo busy this week with Christmas plans.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment