About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Friday, December 14, 2012

Foodie Friday

Chocolate Snaps




  • 2 C (12 oz)     Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1 2/3 C          All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 1/2 t.          Baking Soda
  • 1/4 t.             Salt
  • 1/2 C             Butter, room temperature (1 stick)
  • 1/2 C             Sugar
  • 1/2 t.             Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 C             Light Corn Syrup
  • 1                   Large Egg
  • 1/3 C             Sugar for Rolling

Melt chocolate chips.  Stir then let cool.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.

Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.  Add vanilla, corn syrup and egg.  Beat until well combined.

Beat in chocolate at low speed.  Add flour mixture.

Refrigerate 20-30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Shape dough into one inch balls.  Roll dough balls in sugar.  Put on parchment paper lined baking sheet two inches apart.

Bake ~10 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for one minute.  Transfer cookies to wire cooling rack.  

When cool store in an air-tight container.

Makes ~4 dozen


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment