About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Friday, August 31, 2012

Foodie Friday

Cajun Shrimp and Rice




1 pkg    (8.8 oz) ready-to-serve long grain rice
1 lb.      uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 t.       Cajun seasoning
1 T.       olive oil
1 T.       butter
1 1/2 t.  minced garlic
1/2 lb     fresh snow peas or sugar snap peas

Cook rice according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and Cajun seasoning in oil and butter until shrimp turn pink.  Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.  Add peas and rice.  Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through and peas are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment