About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, August 13, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

Make-A-List Monday


The Week of  August 6, 2012
(in review)


1.  Attend Ali's shower and present her with her sage green and cream quilt.



When I was presented with a pile of paint chips a few months ago of  various sage greens and creams I challenged myself to find a pattern that would incorporate all the shades and yet still blend together beautifully.




I chose a pattern by Carrie L. Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Company.  The pattern is from her book Spice of Life Quilts.  It is called "Raise the Roof."




I was pleased, and a little surprised, at how well the sage greens all blended together.



The finished quilt measures 88" x 88".



My wishes for the bride (whom I have known for 18 years) and the groom (whom I have known for 25 years) are much love and happiness.


2.  Finish labels for three quilts.  All labels are complete.

3.  Finish the pink and white borders on "Cotton Candy" and start thinking about the backing.  



Cotton Candy was one of the 2011 NJ Shop Hop quilts.  It is completely pieced and ready for quilting.  The pattern calls for a scalloped edge.  Unfortunately I forgot this when I was preparing my binding.  If I choose to do the scalloped edge I will have to remake the binding into a bias binding.

4.  Attend Quilts for Kids at Pennington Quilt Works and turn in the one quilt I finished this month.  There was a small turnout at our monthly sewing day.  A lot of people are on vacation.

5.  Attend Saturday Sampler at Pennington Quilt Works.  I am now ready to work on my blocks for this coming month.


The Week of August 13, 2012

1.  Help my Dear Daughter move into her first apartment.  It is with both sadness and pride that I help my wonderful daughter move away from her childhood home and into her first apartment.  


Shea with little Ryder at her 24th birthday party.

Shea is an extremely responsible young woman, and she is more than ready to spread her wings and fly.  Even so, it doesn't make it any easier for this mom who is watching her youngest leave the nest.  I will MISS HER SO MUCH!

2.  Watch my beloved Mets play the Cincinnati Reds at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio.  A side trip to The Fabric Shack, among other Ohio quilt shops, is also planned.

3.  Work on some bindings on quilts that have been quilted for a while.  I have about 15 quilts that need their bindings hand sown down.  I hope to get a few done in the car to and from Ohio.  


With my travels this week and the Big Move I don't plan on getting much sewing done.

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

2 comments:

  1. I was just searching online for images of quilts made with the "Raise the Roof" pattern and saw your version. I was undecided about making this pattern - until now! The color combination you picked elevates this quilt to a completely different level. It is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was very nice to read your comment this morning.

      Delete