About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Show & Tell Tuesday

Show & Tell Tuesday


Hanging Gardens


I chose a green and purple batik jelly roll to make this pretty quilt designed by Georgette Dell'Orco.  Georgette is the mother of Daniela Stout, the owner of The Cozy Quilt Shop in El Cajon, CA.  I've had the pleasure of visiting her shop the last two times I was in the San Diego area.


 This rather large quilt measures 97" x 97".  It consists of 25 blocks and it was one of Cozy Quilts STRIP CLUB Patterns.  It took approximately 11 yards of fabric to make Hanging Gardens.


I started this quilt in a class at The Village Quilter in Mt. Holly, NJ in 2010.  It is one of my favorite quilts.



Tumbling Blocks
(AKA - A Tumbling We Will Go)


This quilt was made from a free online pattern at HGTV.  


It was designed by Marci Baker.


I used 6 basic colors;  a light, a medium, and a dark of each color. It was made with out set-in seams using Marci's special technique.




The finished quilt measures 45" x 56".


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment