About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Show & Tell Tuesday

Show & Tell Tuesday

I have three quilts to share today.  I will start with the smallest and work up to the largest.


Falling Leaves


Falling Leaves is a small table topper that measures 13" X 19".  It is a 
Snap Sack Small Quilt Kit.  The kit is available HERE.

It is made with HST and squares with borders.  It was extremely simple to make.


I made this little quilt in 2010.


Star Flowers


This sweet quilt, with flowers surrounded by interlocking stars, looks difficult to make, but it is really very easy to construct.  

The pattern can be found on page 38 of the book:


by Darlene Zimmerman.  This book is available on Amazon

I made my version in 2008. 




Star Flowers finishes at 25" X 31".  I love the scalloped border.



Will You Marry Me?


Will You Marry Me? is the traditional double wedding ring pattern that I made in 2008.  It is notoriously considered a difficult pattern because of all the curved piecing.  

I used the Omnigrid Rotary Cutting Templates by Sharlene Jorgenson.



This specific quilt was made with seamless arcs...a pattern found on page 6 of the book that comes with the templates.



I used some decorative stitches found on my machine to "jazz" up this traditional pattern.



This quilt measures 45" by 56".  

I hope you enjoyed these three quilts.  I am proud to have them in my collection.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn 

3 comments:

  1. Love all three of your small quilts. Reminds me that I have a few leaf blocks hanging around that need a home. i found a leaf pattern when I started quilting and wanted to try them, but then they didn't make it into a project. hmm, sure I could figure out a setting if only I could find the blocks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful small quilts.
    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the autumn. Love your leaves. And the weddingquilt is on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete