About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Show & Tell Tuesday

Show & Tell Tuesday

I have two very different quilts to share today.  I hope you enjoy looking at them.


American Heritage


I made American Heritage in 2010. 

It is a pattern designed by Bits 'n Pieces quilt shop in Wayne, Michigan.  The original pattern looked like this:


I chose not to applique "1776" and "2006" in the center block.



 It was made as a Block of the Month but I cannot remember the quilt shop through which it was offered.  



It is technically eight small wall quilts sewn together to make a bed sized quilt.  It measures 89" X 104".  I pieced the backing from 10 1/2" squares.



Klassic Kaleidoscope


I made Klassic Kaleidoscope in 2009 from a pattern in the book
 Kaleidoscope the Smart Way by Sharon Sebrow.  It is available through Amazon.  


To make this quilt I needed to use a special ruler called 



The Kaleidoscope Smart-Plate was a great aid to make a quilt block I have long admired.  This block is so versatile as it can be combined with other blocks to make some beautiful quilts.  

The pattern for the quilt I made is called "Classic Blue and White" and it can be found on page 58 of the book.


I renamed my quilt Klassic Kaleidoscope because I used different colors.  My finished quilt measures 42" X 54". 


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn 

2 comments:

  1. They are both beautiful quilts. The first one is so large. wow. i wouldn't have thought of it as smaller quilts put together, but i went back and looked and sure enough, you could make any one section and have a lovely quilt/table runner etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. Yes, I was surprised as well. Although I'm sure the smaller quilts would be lovely the impact of them all together is impressive.

      Delete