About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Friday, May 10, 2013

Foodie Friday -

Cheese and Carrot Scallop


  •  1 1/2 lb.        Baby Carrots - cooked until crisp tender, drain
  •  1/4 C + 3T     Butter or Margarine
  • 1/2 Medium     Onion, chopped
  • 1/4 C              Flour
  • 2 C                Milk
  • 1 t.                Salt
  • 1/4 t.             Dry Mustard
  • 1/4 t.             Celery Salt
  • Dash              Black Pepper
  • 1 C                 Bread Crumbs (I use whole wheat)
  • 12 Slices          American Cheese


1.  Melt 1/4 C butter or margarine.  Add onion and cook 5-7 minutes until onion is tender.  Stir in flour until smooth.

2.  Stir in milk, salt, dry mustard, celery salt and black pepper.  Cook mixture, stirring constantly until thickened.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

3.  Melt 3 T butter or margarine.  Add bread crumbs and toss to coat.

4.  Lightly grease 7" X 10" pan.  Evenly spread half the carrots and 6 cheese slices.  Repeat layers.

5.  Pour sauce over all.  Sprinkle with bread crumbs.

6.  Bake 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment