Hearty Beef Barley Soup
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- 1 lb. Boneless Stew Beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 C Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- 1/4 t Garlic Powder
- 3 1/2 C Beef Broth
- 1/4 t Dried Thyme Leaves, crushed
- 1 C Sliced Carrots
- 1/2 C Uncooked Quick-Cooking Barley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Spray a 6-quart sauce pot with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the beef and cook until it's well browned and juices evaporate, stirring often.
2. Add the mushrooms and garlic powder to the sauce pot. Cook until tender.
3. Add the broth, thyme and carrots to the sauce pot. Heat to a boil. Stir in the barley. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the barley is done. Salt and pepper to taste.
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep: 5 Minutes
Cook: 30 Minutes
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!