About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Soup-athon

Hearty Beef Barley Soup




  •                         Vegetable Cooking Spray
  • 1 lb.                  Boneless Stew Beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 2 C                   Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
  • 1/4 t                 Garlic Powder
  • 3 1/2 C              Beef Broth
  • 1/4 t                 Dried Thyme Leaves, crushed
  • 1 C                   Sliced Carrots
  • 1/2 C                Uncooked Quick-Cooking Barley
  •                         Salt & Pepper to taste

1.  Spray a 6-quart sauce pot with cooking spray.  Heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute.  Add the beef and cook until it's well browned and juices evaporate, stirring often.

2.  Add the mushrooms and garlic powder to the sauce pot.  Cook until tender.

3.  Add the broth, thyme and carrots to the sauce pot.  Heat to a boil.  Stir in the barley.  Reduce the heat to low.  Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the barley is done.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Makes:   4 Servings
Prep:      5 Minutes
Cook:   30 Minutes

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment