French Onion Soup
- 1 T Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 lb Onion, cut in half and thinly sliced (~2 1/2 C)
- 1/4 t Sugar
- 2 T All-Purpose Flour
- 4 C Beef Broth
- 1/4 C Dry White Wine or Dry Vermouth
- 4 Slices French Bread, toasted
- 1/2 C Shredded Swiss Cheese
1. Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepan over low heat. Add the onions. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Uncover.
2. Add the sugar to the saucepan and increase the heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes or until the onions are golden.
3. Stir in the flour. Cook and stir for one minute. Add broth and wine. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Divide the soup among 4 serving bowls. Top each serving of soup with bread and cheese.
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!