Corn and Red Pepper Chowder
- 2 T Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, diced (about 2 C)
- 1/4 C All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 C Chicken Broth
- 2 Medium Potatoes, diced (about 2 C)
- 2 C Fresh Corn Kernels
1 Pkg (10 oz) Frozen Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 Jar Roasted Red Peppers, drained and chopped (7 oz)
- 1/3 C Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves
1. Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until tender. Stir in the flour and garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
2. Stir in the broth and diced potatoes. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
3. Stir the corn and red peppers into the saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes more.
4. Add 1/4 C of the basil. Season to taste. Divide the soup among 6 serving bowls. Sprinkle each serving of soup with the remaining basil.
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!