About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Soup-athon

Corn and Red Pepper Chowder



  • 2 T           Vegetable Oil
  • 1              Large Sweet Onion, diced (about 2 C)
  • 1/4 C        All-Purpose Flour
  • 2              Cloves Garlic, minced
  • 6 C           Chicken Broth
  • 2              Medium Potatoes, diced (about 2 C)
  • 2 C           Fresh Corn Kernels 
                                 -OR-
                      1 Pkg (10 oz) Frozen Whole Kernel Corn
  • 1 Jar         Roasted Red Peppers, drained and chopped (7 oz)
  • 1/3 C        Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves


1.  Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat.  Add the diced onion and cook until tender.  Stir in the flour and garlic.  Cook and stir for 1 minute.

2.  Stir in the broth and diced potatoes.  Heat to a boil.  Reduce the heat to low.  Cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.  

3.  Stir the corn and red peppers into the saucepan.  Cook for 10 minutes more.

4.  Add 1/4 C of the basil.  Season to taste.  Divide the soup among 6 serving bowls.  Sprinkle each serving of soup with the remaining basil.
                       
     
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn              

No comments:

Post a Comment