About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Soup-athon



Beef ‘n’ Black Bean Soup



·         1 lb               ground beef
·         36 oz             chicken broth
·         14 ½  oz        diced tomatoes, undrained
·         8                   green onions, thinly sliced
·         3                   medium carrots, thinly sliced
·         2                   celery ribs, thinly sliced
·         2                   garlic cloves, minced
·         1 T                sugar
·         1 ½ t             dried basil
·         ½ t                salt
·         ½ t                dried  oregano
·         ½ t                ground cumin
·         ½ t                chili powder
·         2 cans            (15 oz each)  black beans
                        rinsed and drained
·         1 ½ C             cooked rice


1.        In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain.
     Transfer to a slow cooker.
2.        Add the next 12 ingredients.  Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
3.        Reduce heat to low; cook for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender.
4.         Add the beans and rice; cook 1 hour longer or until heated through. 

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy.....am printing that recipe out to try here someday soon.

    ReplyDelete