About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, April 9, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

Make-A-List Monday


The Week of April 2, 2012
in review


1.  Finish all these baby quilts, including piecing, quilting, binding, labeling and wrapping.  


I am making progress but I am still not done.  Here are two of them waiting to have the binding tacked down.

2.  Attend at least one of my husband's three baseball games this week.  The Pirates did well this week they won two and lost one.  They happened to lose the game I attended by one run.  Could I be bad luck??  They are off to Ft. Pierce, FL for spring training this week.  At least they won't have to worry about me bringing bad luck!

3.  Attend Quilts for Kids group at Pennington Quilt Works.  Deliver four Quilts for Kids.  All four quilts were delivered and I started working on three more during the session.  All three quilts are made with fabric donated by John Deere.  They are now complete and ready to be quilted.


4.  Attend Saturday Sampler at Pennington Quilt Works.  I picked up my next set of blocks and ordered my finishing kits.  

5.  Begin designing a memory quilt for my son and daughter-in-law's baby shower.  I've decided to make 56 square-in-a-square blocks (6" finished) and arrange them 7 blocks by 8 blocks.  This should yield a quilt approximately 55" x 61" with borders.  Now to buy the fabric.....

6.  Start working on a Baby Boy Hutchinson quilt entitled "Summer School."  I didn't get to this but hopefully I will this week.



The Week of April 9, 2012

1.  Continue working on baby gift quilts.  If I've calculated correctly I have one left to piece and three to quilt.  Then they will all have to be bound, labeled and wrapped.

2.  Finish piecing the top of my 1930's version of The Farmer's Wife quilt. 


 I have three more rows to add and then the four borders.  This should be done and ready to add to my "To Be Quilted" rack in a day or two.

3.  Purchase fabric needed for Baby Boy Hutchinson memory quilt.  I already have the fabric for the center squares.  Now I have to start gathering the fabric for the outside square.

4.  Reorganize my sewing room, exercise room and my desk.  My house is very quiet this week.  I don't have to cook all week or do much housework at all so I am going to take advantage of this "alone time" and get some organization done.  

5.  Complete 2 PQW Saturday Sampler blocks.  

6.  Work on Baby Boy Hutchinson quilt entitled "Summer School."  This pattern is fairly simple so once I get started it should come together very quickly.

Well, that's it for this week.  Again, I should be very busy.  


Words of Wisdom

Communicate in a way as to leave 
as little room for misunderstanding as possible.



Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment