About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Show & Tell Tuesday

Show & Tell Tuesday

I have three quilts to share today.  Sit back and enjoy!

Hot Flash

Hot Flash



Deb Tucker of Studio 180 Design  created this pattern.  The finished quilt measures 70" x 84".  

  




I made this quilt in 2010.
                                     













 Jelly Patch


This pattern from the Straight to the Point Series uses Jelly Roll strips (2 1/2" x WOF strips) to make 16-patch blocks which are bordered with sashing and cornerstones.  The completed blocks are sown into rows, and the rows are sown together.  The top is cut into three sections and resewn, resulting in an on-point setting.



I started this quilt in a class at Byrne Sewing Connection  in Doylestown, PA.
It was completed in 2011 and measures 58" x 73". 







April Rag Quilt


The fourth in my series of monthly rag quilts is made in pretty spring greens, pinks and blues.  It was completed in 2010 and measures 24" x 24".


I only have one more rag quilt complete; for the month of May.  There are still seven left in the series.  I had better get busy!!


I hope you have enjoyed looking at these three quilts.

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

3 comments:

  1. Very nice...I thought I was seeing the Hunter Star in the first quilt....love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all very pretty, but Hot Flash is amazing. All those points...

    ReplyDelete