About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Soup-athon

Hearty Pasta Tomato Soup

 
 
  • 1 pound           bulk Italian sausage
  • 6 C                  beef broth
  • 1 can (28oz)     stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can (15oz)     tomato sauce
  • 2 C                  sliced zucchini
  • 1                     large onion, chopped
  • 1 C                  sliced carrots
  • 1 C                  sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1                     medium green pepper, chopped
  • 1/4 C                minced fresh parsley
  • 2 t.                  sugar
  • 1 t.                  dried oregano
  • 1 t.                  dried basil
  • 1                     garlic clove, minced
  • 2 C                   frozen cheese tortellini
  •                        grated Parmesan cheese

1.  In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.  Transfer to a 5 quart slow cooker; add the next 13 ingredients.  Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the vegetables are tender. 


2.   Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.  Stir into slow cooker; cover and cook 30 minutes longer.  Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.

Yield:  14 servings (about 3 1/2 quarts)


This recipe is from a cookbook called 

 Taste of Home Quick Cooking Annual Recipes 2002.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment