- 3 C frozen whole kernel corn or 6 ears fresh sweet corn
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 1/2 C chopped sweet green pepper
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 can chicken broth (14 oz)
- 1 C cubed, peeled potato
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 C half-and-half, light cream, or milk
- 4 oz white cheddar cheese, shredded (1C)
- 3 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
1. If using fresh corn, use a sharp knife to cut the kernels off the cobs (you should have about 3 C corn kernels). Set corn kernels aside.
2. In a large saucepan cook onion and sweet pepper in hot oil until onion is tender. Stir in corn, broth, and potato. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, 1/2 t. salt, and 1/4 t. black pepper. Stir half-and-half into flour mixture; add to corn mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in cheese and heat until melted and smooth. Add bacon; heat through.
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!