About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Friday, March 2, 2012

Foodie Friday

Italian Patty Melts




  • 1          egg
  • 1/2 C    spaghetti sauce, divided
  • 3 T       seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/4 t     black pepper
  • 1 lb       ground beef
  • 2 T       butter, melted
  • 1/4 t     dried basil
  • 1/4 t    dried parsley flakes
  • 1/8 t    garlic powder
  • 8         slices Italian bread
  • 1/2 C   shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese


1.  In a large bowl, combine the egg, 1/4 C spaghetti sauce, bread crumbs and pepper.  Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.  Shape into four oval patties; set aside.

2.  Combine butter and seasonings; brush over both sides of bread.  In a large skillet, toast bread until lightly brown; set aside.

3.  In the same skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.  Spoon remaining spaghetti sauce over patties; sprinkle with cheese.  Cover and cook for one minute or until cheese is melted.  Place burgers on four slices of toast; top with remaining toast.



Words of Wisdom

Grab happiness in the passing moments of life.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn



No comments:

Post a Comment