Italian Patty Melts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C spaghetti sauce, divided
- 3 T seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 T butter, melted
- 1/4 t dried basil
- 1/4 t dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 1/2 C shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, 1/4 C spaghetti sauce, bread crumbs and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four oval patties; set aside.
2. Combine butter and seasonings; brush over both sides of bread. In a large skillet, toast bread until lightly brown; set aside.
3. In the same skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Spoon remaining spaghetti sauce over patties; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for one minute or until cheese is melted. Place burgers on four slices of toast; top with remaining toast.
Words of Wisdom
Grab happiness in the passing moments of life.
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!