About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Show & Tell Tuesday

Show & Tell Tuesday


It's Tuesday again and time to share a few of the quilts I have made. 


Trip for Two to Boston





These two quilts were pieced and quilted in 2011 from the same batik fabrics. They are called Trip for Two to Boston.  Strip sets were made and then the alternate setting was achieved by carefully placing the order of the fabrics.  

 
Each quilt measures 41" X 54".  I did the same overall quilt pattern on each quilt.  I used batik fabric on the backs, as well.



The next quilt is the third in my set of monthly rag quilts.

March Rag Quilt



It is for the month of March and it has a St. Patrick's Day theme...complete with shamrocks. 


It was completed in 2009.  I love this quilt on my kitchen table during the month of March.   It measures 23" square.  I used pretty homespun fabric that frays so nicely.  When making a rag quilt, some of the seams are done on the outside of the quilt.  Then it must be washed and dried to achieve the fringed appearance. 

Hopefully you have enjoyed viewing these quilts.  Next week I plan on sharing two more quilts that I have created.

Words of Wisdom

Trust can be destroyed faster than it can be built


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment