It is a BEAUTIFUL day here in Princeton Jct!!! It is a perfect day to review what I accomplished last week and plan for this coming week.
The Week of March 5, 2012
1. Finish Baby Boy Hutchinson quilt. Done! It was made to order so it should be received well. I'm sorry I can't post a picture as I have to keep it a secret until the shower. I also still have to do the label. Now I have to make one that I want to make!
2. Visit Pennington Quilt Works for Quilts for Kids and Saturday Sampler. I went to PQW on Tuesday for QFK and Friday for Saturday Sampler. Now I have to get busy on all the quilts and blocks I started from these two events.
|Pennington Quilt Works|
3. Meet my Dear Son, JT, for lunch. We met on Friday after PQW. It is so nice to catch up with him now that he lives in Philadelphia. He is doing so well and we are very proud of him. After our lunch I drove over to Cherry Hill, NJ to visit The Container Store. If only this store existed when I was first setting up my house eighteen years ago. I would go crazy with all the useful gadgets they have to offer.
Then on my way home I discovered a discount bookstore in Maple Shade. Needless to say, I went a little crazy buying books for Baby Boy Hutchinson. When I got home my husband, Don, reminded me of the hundreds and hundreds of books we have in our basement; the result of teaching preschool for 25 years. Oh, well...I couldn't resist!
4. Register for classes at Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA for July. YIPPEE!!!!! Promptly at noon on Saturday I logged onto the Quilt Odyssey website, and I am pleased to announce I was able to get into both classes that I wanted to take.
|Bonnie K. Hunter|
In July I will hear a lunch lecture with Bonnie K. Hunter on her Scrap User's System. Then the next day I will be a member of her Tumalo Trail
class. I am beyond excited!
5. Complete two more Dear Jane blocks.
Both of these blocks were paper pieced. Current totals: 146 blocks and 36 triangles complete for a total of 3802 pieces!
6. Complete quilting my Jelly Roll Race quilt. This quilt is done and just awaiting a binding.
Now, for The Week of March 12, 2012...
1. Finish piecing two baby boy gift quilts. These quilts are almost done. I am currently working on pieced backings made with leftover fabric from the fronts. I hope to have these done soon as one of the babies has already been born.
2. Complete four labels for quilts I have recently finished. Labeling quilts is not my favorite thing to do but it is a very important part of the quilt making process.
3. Work on my Stella and Stonehenge blocks for PQW Saturday Sampler. This month we are doing lots of flying geese blocks for the 12" blocks. This should be fun because I like to make flying geese.
4. Make two blocks for the Quilt Square Quilt Along. The month is almost half way through so I need to get busy on these two blocks. This Quilt Along is sponsored by Jo Kramer at Jo's Country Junction.
5. Attend The American Quilter's Society Lancaster Quilt Show and The Lancaster Spring Quilt Show in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
These two shows are always very well done, and any excuse to go to Lancaster makes me happy!
6. Attend Strip Club at The Village Quilter in Mt Holly, NJ. Every month or two a quilter from this quaint quilt shop uses 2 1/2" strips to make a quilt.
The strips are available at a discounted price and often the quilt pattern is free. I have attended this class since the beginning and have made some beautiful quilts from these strips.
Well, that is quite a list for this week. I will try my best to accomplish these things and cook, clean, do laundry, attend baseball games and whatever else comes up in my busy life. I can't complain......
Life is Good!!!
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!