About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Soup-athon

Roasted Asparagus & Shrimp Soup

  • 1 lb.      Thin Asparagus Spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 2           Large Tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
  • 1           Small Sweet Onion, chopped (about 1/2 C)
  • 2           Cloves Garlic, chopped
  • 2 T        Olive Oil
  • 4 C        Chicken Broth
  • 1 lb.      Cooked Shrimp, coarsely chopped
  • 1 pkg    Frozen Parmesan Texas Toast  

1.  Heat the oven to 425 degrees.  Arrange the asparagus, tomatoes, onion and garlic in a 17 x 11 inch roasting pan.  Pour oil over the vegetables and toss to coat.  Bake for 25 minutes.

2.  Heat the broth in a 3-quart saucepan over high heat to a boil.  Add the roasted vegetables and shrimp.  Cook until the mixture is hot.  Season to taste.

3.  Prepare 4 of the toasts according to the package directions.  Cut the toasts into bite-size pieces.  Divide the soup mixture among 4 serving bowls and top each with the toast pieces.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn


No comments:

Post a Comment