Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- 1 lb Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 1/2 C Chicken Broth
- 1 t. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 C Uncooked Regular Long-Grain White Rice
- 1 can Whole Kernel Corn, with Red & Green Peppers, drained (11oz)
- 1 C Chunky Salsa
- 1 T. Chopped Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 2 T. Fresh Lime Juice
- *Crisp Tortilla Chips
1. Spray a 6-quart sauce pot with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken to the sauce pot. Cook until it's browned, stirring often.
2. Stir in the broth, cumin and rice. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Stir in the corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice. Cook until the rice is tender. Top each serving with *Crisp Tortilla Strips.
*Crisp Tortilla Strips: Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut 4 corn tortillas into thin strips and place them on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!