About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pieceful Nights Quilt Along

Pieceful Nights:  A Sampler Quilt
Block #1
China Doll


Last year I participated in the Quilt Square Quilt Along hosted by Jo Kramer over at Jo's Country Junction.  



It was so much fun making the quilt squares designed by Lori Smith.  

This year Jo and her daughter Kelli are hosting another quilt along featuring the pattern  Pieceful Nights: A Sampler Quilt also designed by Lori Smith.


Each month we will work on a block and then link up with other participants on the first Wednesday of the month.

Our January block was the one found on the top left side, China Doll.  


I made this block using brown, gold, red, black, green and cream.  The block finishes at 10 inches.  I used scraps from my civil war repro bins.  

Each month we will complete one or two blocks and the center medallion.  We will also complete the quilt top with the setting in the pattern.  The finished quilt will measure 63 1/2" x 63 1/2".

I'm looking forward to making this quilt.  To see how other quilters are doing on this project check out Kelli's blog post HERE.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn 

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a fun project. Good luck with it!
    I wish your guild wasn't so far to get to. I live in Lanoka Harbor but after working all day, I can't drive to Mt. Holly.
    Peggy in NJ

    ReplyDelete