About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Friday, February 8, 2013

Foodie Friday

Pumpkin Pie


  •   1        Pastry for 9" pie
  •   2        Large Eggs
  • 3/4 C    Sugar
  • 1 can    Pumpkin (16oz) - not pumpkin pie filling
  • 1 can    Evaporated Milk (12oz)
  • 1 t.       Cinnamon
  • 1/2 t.    Salt
  • 1/2 t.    Ground Ginger
  • 1/4 t.    Ground Cloves

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place pastry in a glass pie pan.  

2.  Beat eggs slightly with a whisk.  Beat in remaining ingredients.

3.  Pour into prepared pastry.  Cover pastry with an aluminum pie pastry shield or foil.  Bake for 15 minutes on bottom shelf.

4.  Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.  Bake for 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

5.  Remove pie from oven and cool.  Refrigerate at least 4 hours.  

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment