About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, July 23, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

Make-A-List Monday



The week of July 16, 2012
(in review)


1. Celebrate my daughter's 24th birthday.  Can she really be 24 years old?
We had a very small celebration for my daughter, Shea, before she headed out to celebrate at the Yankee game.  



My son, Kyle, got Shea and her three friends pretty good seats, wouldn't you say? 


2. Work on the Leader/Ender project I am doing for my neighbor's wedding shower. This quilt is done in sage green and cream. It should be so pretty.  I got the pattern from the book Miss Rosie's Spice of Life Quilts.


I am currently working on the borders.  It is coming together so nicely.


3. Try once again to work on "Cotton Candy," one of the 2011 NJ Shop Hop Quilts.


I am doing my quilt much like the one on the pattern cover...in pinks and white.

4. Attend "Strip Club" at The Village Quilter in Mt. Holly, NJ.


The pattern this month is a free pattern from Moda Bake Shop.  It is called Uncle Sam's Quilt by Andie Johnson.


5. Try once again to work on the Craftsy Block of the Month.

I still did not get to this.  I am going to revisit this another time.

6. Complete the binding on Ryder's "Good Wishes" quilt and give it to him.  


Ryder received his quilt last Tuesday.  Of course he is too young to appreciate it now but I'm sure he will someday.



Now on to this week.....

The Week of July 23, 2012

1.  Complete the Cotton Candy quilt top I started this week.

2.  Complete the Sage Green and Cream quilt top and prepare it for quilting next week.

3.  Finish quilting the 2011 PQW Saturday Sampler quilt that is currently on Annie (my long arm machine.)

4.  Attend Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA.  I am so excited to go to Quilt Odyssey this year because I will be taking two classes with Bonnie K. Hunter and a lunch lecture.  I have done all my prep work and I am ready to go. 
 All I need to do is pick up my sewing machine from the repair shop.  I took her in over a week ago for a tune-up and they discovered she needed a part.  I sure hope she is ready by this weekend.  If not, I will have to make other arrangements for my classes with Bonnie.

I'm not sure if I will get to the first three things on my list since I will be gone for three days.  We will see....
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn


No comments:

Post a Comment