The Week of June 25, 2012
1. Work on PQW Saturday Sampler blocks for June.
These blocks are very pretty!
2. Complete the quilting and binding on the Quilts for Kids quilts I am doing for this month.
This is one of the four quilts. It is so colorful!
3. Continue working on Ryder's "Good Wishes" quilt.
The top is complete. There are a total of 42 blocks. I did a piano key border in a variety of blue fabric. As soon as I find the perfect backing fabric I will begin to quilt it. Since I do not want to quilt over the blocks I will have to do a lot of stitch in the ditch instead of an all over pattern.
4. Start the prep work on another "Good Wishes" quilt for a friend.
|This is the fabric I chose.|
|These are the blocks ready to be signed.|
This quilt will be for a little girl's first birthday. It should be very colorful.
5. Continue working on three Leader/Ender projects. I have made some progress on these projects but no completions to report.
6. Celebrate my 31st Wedding Anniversary with my wonderful husband, Don. We had a wonderful day together. It is the only day during the summer that my husband promises not to schedule a baseball game or practice. We had a wonderful lunch and dinner out. Heaven!!
The Week of July 2, 2012
1. Make a Split Rail Cuddle Quilt for little Ryder.
2. Work on my July blocks for the Quilt Square Quilt Along sponsored by Jo's Country Junction.
3. Start a new quilt called "Cotton Candy" which is a 2011 NJ Shop Hop quilt.
4. Choose just the right backing for Ryder's "Good Wishes" quilt and begin the quilting process.
5. Go to lunch with my Dear Friend, Karen, who will be visiting from Indiana. Karen has been dealing with some serious health issues and I can't wait to see her. She is my HERO!
6. Start preparations for the two classes I will take with Bonnie K. Hunter in Hershey later this month. I really need to get started on this. I keep putting it on the list and it never seems to get done. UGH!
That's it for this week. I hope everyone has a wonderful July 4th!
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!