About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hershey...Here I Come!

Hershey...Here I come!

Quilt Odyssey is finally here.  To say I am excited is an understatement! 


 I leave tomorrow morning very early for the 2 1/2 hour drive to Hershey, PA.  My first stop will be the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center.


I've been to this convention center many times for Quilt Odyssey but this will be the first time I will get to stay there.

After checking in I will be off to the show.  My first stop will be the Vendor Mall.  I always like to go through the vendor mall twice.  The first time I just get a general feel for what vendors are there and what they have to offer.  The second time I make my purchases.  I don't have a lot of "must buys" this year.  I definitely need to replenish my supply of So Fine and Bottom Line thread by Superior Threads.  Other than that I'm sure I will be looking for lots of great ideas for baby quilts for sweet Ryder.


Ryder looks like he just had a bath.  All clean!!!



For lunch on Friday I will attend a lecture with Bonnie K. Hunter on her Scrap User's System.  


After lunch I will do my second trip around the vendor mall.  This is usually when I do some serious buying...haha.  For "dessert" I plan on going to the exhibition area to view all the quilts.  I will be sure to take lots of pictures.

Saturday and Sunday will be filled with two classes, again taught by Bonnie.  The Saturday class is called Tumalo Trails.  


The Sunday class is called Smith Mountain Morning.



If time permits, I want to spend a little time at Chocolate World.  




Who am I fooling?  I will be sure to make time for Chocolate World!!



I have all the prep work done.  My sewing machine, Vicki, is repaired and ready to go.  All my supplies are gathered and I even downloaded Fifty Shades of Grey on my Ipad.  

Quilt Odyssey is finally here.  To say I am excited is an understatement!

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment