About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My New Year's Resolution

When 2012 began I had only one resolution, to start a Blog.  Now we are half way through the first month and I am ready to attempt my first post.

I hope my blog will be a place for me to chat about my quilting endeavors and other things happening in my life.  I hope to talk about the quilts I am working on and those I plan to do. 

Currently I am fininshing my Orca Bay quilt...a mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.  I used the colors that Bonnie used - black, white, blue and red.  It is a very busy quilt and just gorgeous.  My husband's comment when he saw the top almost complete was, "Wow!  There's a lot going on in that quilt."  And he is so right!  Hopefully I will finish the final border today and then start thinking about backing fabric.

I am lucky to own a long-arm quilting machine I have named Annie.  Currently she resides in our basement but hopefully we will move her upstairs some time in the future.  This morning I completed quilting a mystery quilt I pieced in September.  It is very pretty.  When I figure out how to add pictures  to this blog I will be sure to add one of this quilt.  Next I loaded a "Quilts for Kids" quilt that I hope to have finished very soon. 

My plan for the rest of the day is to finish Orca Bay and put a binding on the quilt that I just finished quilting. 

Well, that's all for now.  I will be sure to post again very soon, hopefully with pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging!
    Your quilts are beautiful and your lasagna recipe is on the calendar to try this Thursday!

    ReplyDelete