About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, January 16, 2012

Orca Bay and other Stuff


Yesterday was a very busy day. In between watching football games I was able to finish my Orca Bay quilt top.




As you can see, it is VERY busy! I started this quilt the day after Thanksgiving and have been working on it since then. Here are a few close up pictures.




I probably won't quilt this for a few months but I'm sure it will be beautiful. It is fairly large (85" X 95") Thank you Bonnie Hunter for this gorgeous quilt pattern!

Here is a picture of the quilt I just took off of Annie (my long arm quilt machine)


I pieced the back because I had so much fabric left over. This is a mystery quilt pattern that I did at Pennington Quilt Works. A mystery quilt is one that you choose the fabric before knowing the quilt pattern. Then you work on the quilt, step by step, until you solve the mystery (finish the quilt.) I really enjoy doing mystery quilts. I guess it is the excitement of the unknown. Haha!

Now for something not quilt related.

Over the years I have collected recipes that I wanted to try someday. I'm not sure if anyone else does this but I have gathered hundreds of recipes. In 2011 I decided to start going through these recipes and trying a few new ones each week. In my next post I will chat about the Crock Pot Lasagna I made last night. It is definitely a "do-over."

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn




4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is terrific! I love the addition of the wider border too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Orca Bay. I'm quilting mine now, can't wait to have it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!! And I love that you are piecing your backs. They don't have to be intricate, the simpler the better, but then you have used stash, have a two sided quilt and the plainer side gives the joy of admiring the quilting!

    ReplyDelete