About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday (Garden Stroll Rhapsody)

Show & Tell Tuesday

I was commissioned to make a quilt for my husband's co-worker.  I was given a color pallet and a size requirement.  I was free to design the pattern myself.  I found it creatively stimulating to design this quilt from beginning to end.  


Garden Stroll Rhapsody

My first step was to put pencil to graph paper and design a quilt using the colors and size required.  This took a bit of time but I found the whole process to be fun and rewarding.

My next step was to go to my local quilt shop - 
Pennington Quilt Works to choose the fabric I would use.


I started with the floral at the bottom of this first picture and then I picked the fabrics to compliment the floral fabric.




After my fabric was chosen and purchased I began cutting all the pieces I would need to make the quilt.






Block construction soon followed.  I could start to see my artistic vision come to fruition.






Once the blocks were constructed I put them all together following my original pattern.  





This is a picture of the quilt top before quilting.



This is a closeup view of one of the unquilted corners.




The quilt top was loaded on my long-arm and I quilted it using an edge-to-edge design that complimented the pattern on the front of the quilt.  I used the same floral focus fabric as the backing fabric.





I am very proud of this original creation and I am thrilled that my husband's co-worker and his wife loved it as well.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment