Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
- 5 Medium Sweet Potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 T. Butter
- 1 C. Onion, chopped
- 2 C. Celery, chopped
- 6 C. Chicken Broth
- 1 C. Potato, cut into cubes
- 1/3 C. Maple Syrup
- 1/8 t. Ground White Pepper
- 2 T. Light Cream (optional)
1. Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork. Microwave on HIGH for 8 to 13 minutes or bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until they're fork-tender. Cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out sweet potato pulp and set aside.
2. Heat the butter in a 6-quart sauce pot over medium heat. Add the onion and celery to the sauce pot and cook until tender. Add the broth and potato. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until the potato is tender. Add the maple syrup, white pepper and reserved sweet potato.
3. Blend mixture until smooth, in batches if necessary. Return all of the pureed mixture to the sauce pot. Add the cream, if desired. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is hot. Season to taste.
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!