Crab and Corn Chowder
- 4 Slices Bacon
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 C Chicken Broth
- 2 t Seafood Seasoning
- 6-8 Red-skinned Potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 C Frozen Whole Kernel Corn
- 8 oz Refrigerated Pasteurized Lump Crab meat
- 1/2 C Heavy Cream
1. Cook the bacon in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until bacon is crisp. Remove the bacon with a fork or kitchen tongs and drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside. Pour off all but 2T drippings.
2. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion and garlic and cook in the hot bacon drippings until tender.
3. Stir in the broth, seafood seasoning, potatoes and corn. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
4. Add the crab meat and cream. Cook for 5 minutes. Divide the chowder among 6 serving bowls. Top each with about 1 T of the bacon.
Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!