About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday Soup-athon

Potato Soup with Arugula







  • 2 T.       Olive Oil
  • 2.          Leeks, white parts only, cleaned and chopped
  • 4           Potatoes, medium, peeled and diced
  • 3 C        Chicken Broth
  • 1 C        Baby Arugula
  • 1/4 C     Heavy Cream
  • 2 t.        Lemon Juice

1.  Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.  Add the leeks and cook for five minutes.  Add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are almost tender.

2.  Add the broth.  Heat to a boil.  Reduce the heat to low.  Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.  Add the arugula. Cook for 1 minute longer.

3.  Place 1/2 of the broth mixture into an electric blender or food processor container.  Cover and blend until smooth.  Pour the mixture into a medium bowl.  Repeat the blending process with the remaining broth mixture.  (An immersion blender could be used instead of a blender or food processor.)  Return all the puréed mixture to the saucepan.  Cook over medium heat until the mixture is hot.  Season to taste.  Stir in the cream and lemon juice.  Serve immediately.

HINT:  This savory soup can be served cold.

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn



1 comment:

  1. I've only recently be introduced to arugala and have fallen in love with it. hadn't considered adding it to soup. great idea.

    ReplyDelete