About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Friday, March 29, 2013

Seafood Pasta Alfredo

Seafood Pasta Alfredo




  • 8 oz.             Uncooked Linguine 
  • 1                  Small Zucchini, quartered and sliced
  • 1 C.              Julienned Carrots
  • 1                  Small Onion, chopped 
  • 1 T.              Olive Oil
  • 1                  Garlic Clove, minced
  •                     Dash Red Pepper Flakes
  • 1 C.              Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 1/2 C.            Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 2 T.               Butter
  • 1/2 t.             Salt
  • 1/8 t.             Pepper
  • 1 lb.               Cooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2                    Plum Tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 can (6oz)     Crab Meat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
  • 4 oz.              Imitation Crab Meat, chopped
  • 3                    Green Onions, sliced


1.  Cook linguine according to package directions.  

2.  In a large skillet, sauté the zucchini, carrots and onion in oil until crisp-tender.  Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.  Stir in the cream, cheese, butter, salt and pepper.

3.  Bring to a gentle boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.  Add the shrimp, tomatoes, crab meat, imitation crab meat  and green onions.  Heat through.

4.  Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture.

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment