About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, March 25, 2013

Make-A-List Monday

The Week of March 18, 2013
(in review)


1. Bind two quilts that I recently quilted on Annie.


Both quilts have the binding sewn on....now to add them to the pile of quilts to be hand tacked.

2. Prepare a quilt I finished piecing called Taylor's Timeless Quilt for Annie.


Taylor's Timeless Quilt is ready to be quilted.  It has been added to the
 Git-R-Done list.  You can purchase the pattern at Hamels Fabrics and Quilting.




3. Complete the quilting on the Little Baby Boy quilt that is currently on Annie.

The quilting is done on this quilt.  Pictures to come in April.

4. Make 10 more string blocks for a total of 50 of the 60 needed for
 Roll Roll Cotton Boll.



50 done and 10 to go!!

5. Complete the 21 Hexies that I didn't finish last week and do 21 more for this week.

Week 18




574 Hexies



Week 19




595 Hexies


6. Work on the January, February and March blocks for the
Country Threads free online quilt sampler.



January blocks



February Blocks



March Blocks

I am using my Civil War repro scraps to make these blocks.  I keep them in four tubs.  Whenever I pull them out it makes such a mess in my sewing room but it is great to get such scrappy blocks.  I try to follow the colors suggested by
 Country Threads.  

7. Work on the March block for my paper pieced heart sampler.

Oh dear...I still did not get to this.  In fairness, when I got around to working on it I realized that I had not pre-washed my fabrics.  I'm sure I will get to it this week.

8. Spend a day with Ryder :)



This precious 9 month old loves to explore!

9. Attend Byrne Sewing Connection $5 quilt class.

I was able to get to Doylestown, PA to pickup my next block.  

10. Attend Strip Club at The Village Quilter in Mt. Holly, NJ.

These are the strips we received this month:




Here is a picture of the quilt:





This quilt is sized as a Quilts of Valor quilt.  You can order the pattern from Peddler's Way Quilt Co.


The Week of March 25, 2013

1.  Work on the March block for my paper-pieced heart sampler.

2.  Work on the first clue of Bonnie Hunter's Quiltmaker Magazine mystery Lazy Sunday.

3.  Complete the binding for my Little Baby Boy quilt.

4.  Complete the March block for the Pieceful Nights Quilt Along at Jo's Country Junction.  

5.  Finish the last 10 string blocks for Roll Roll Cotton Boll.

6.  Make a few more blocks for a black & white sampler quilt I started a few years ago.  

7.  Make a few more Dear Jane blocks.



8.  Attach the last 126 Hexies I have completed to the quilt center.

9.  Spend a day with Little Ryder.

10.  Attend Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Vigil services at
 St. David the King Church.



Well, that's it for this week.  It is spring break in our town so my hubby will be home this week whenever he is not at baseball practice.  He has already started the project of removing the carpeting on our stairs and refinishing the hard wood. That should keep him busy for most of the week.

Next week I will have an exciting family announcement to make.  It is a very special time for our family and I am so excited to share it in one week.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment