About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Monday, March 18, 2013

Make-A-List Monday & Blog Hop Party Winner


We Have a WINNER!




Congratulations to Gail Olney for being the winner of the three Moda charm packs.  Your prize is in the mail.  Please visit Gail's new blog 

Sew Out There.


BIG NEWS!!!

I have another big announcement.  I was able to get into 4 classes at
 Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA this summer.  The classes I will take are:

Featherweights & Their Attachments - Betty Neff
Chisel Flowers - Nancy Bills
Roundabout
Jamestown Landing - Bonnie Hunter

I am most excited about the Jamestown Landing class with Bonnie Hunter.  I was able to take two classes with Bonnie last summer and I am thrilled to be able to take another.  


I will be writing much more about these classes as we get closer to July.


The Week of March 11, 2013


(in review)

1.  Continue to work on the Little Baby Boy quilt I am making for a very special Mom-to-Be.


The quilt top is done and is currently being quilted on Annie.  I even had enough fabric left to make an accessory.  Pictures to follow after the baby shower in April.


2.  Add 10 more string blocks to make a total of 40 of the 60 needed for Roll Roll Cotton Boll from Bonnie Hunter's book:








I love the way these string blocks look.


3.  Make the March block for the Byrne Sewing Connection $5 quilt.



Another pretty block!


4.  Work on the January, February and March steps for

by Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times.


The first three steps made the center medallion.


5.  Work on the January, February and March blocks for the Country Threads free online quilt sampler.


Did not complete.


6.  Work on the March block for my paper pieced heart sampler.


Did not complete.


7.  Quilt the English Paper Pieced Sampler Wall Hanging that I finished piecing in September 2012.



I quilted this wall hanging using interlocking circles.

8.  Add 21 Hexies to my Bonnie Hunter inspired Christmas Hexie Quilt.


Did not complete.

9.  Spend a day and a weekend with my favorite DGS Ryder.   



9 months old!



Scrumptious!


10.  Attend 3 quilt shows in Lancaster, PA.  These are the three shows I attended last week.

2013 AQS Quilt Show at the Lancaster County Convention Center

Lancaster Spring Quilt Show at the Host Hotel

The Lancaster Quilt Show at The Continental Hotel

I had so much fun at these quilt shows.  I liked the first and third the best.

The quilts were gorgeous.  This was one of my favorites.


The Week of March 18, 2013


1.  Bind two quilts that I recently quilted on Annie.

2.  Prepare a quilt I finished piecing called Taylor's Timeless Quilt for Annie.

3.  Complete the quilting on the Little Baby Boy quilt that is currently on Annie.

4.  Make 10 more string blocks for a total of 50 of the 60 needed for Roll Roll Cotton Boll.

5.  Complete the 21 Hexies that I didn't finish last week and do 21 more for this week.

6.  Work on the January, February and March blocks for the Country Threads free online quilt sampler.

7.  Work on the March block for my paper pieced heart sampler.

8.  Spend a day with Ryder :)

9.  Attend Byrne Sewing Connection $5 quilt class.

10.  Attend Strip Club at The Village Quilter in Mt. Holly, NJ.

That's it for this week.  Welcome to all my new followers.  Leave a message so I can get to know you.

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winner. Thanks for hosting the giveaway. The quilts & blocks look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete