About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Show & Tell Tuesday (Slice Twice ~ Isn't It Nice, Jungle Fever)

Show & Tell Tuesday

Slice Twice ~ Isn't It Nice


One day, I was in Olde City Quilts, in Burlington, NJ, and I spotted this quilt kit made from homespun fabric.  The name of the pattern is Slice Twice ~ Isn't That Nice.  I had recently discovered homespun fabric so I was anxious to try this pattern and kit.  The kit came with 10" squares that I would slice twice - hence the name, and then rearrange to make new 9" finished blocks.  The pattern is available at QuiltersWarehouse.   


I chose not to add borders to my quilt so it finished at 
70" x 80".  
This quilt was completed in 2013.



Jungle Fever


Jungle Fever was a free quilt pattern by Karen Montgomery for Timeless Treasures.  I used all Tonga Batik fabric for my quilt.  This quilt also uses 10" squares.  Each square is cut four times.  Then, as in Slice Twice above, the pieces are rearranged to form new blocks that finish at 8".  If you want a quilt with x number of blocks, you must start with x number of 10" squares.  This pattern is available at Always Quilting online store.


I chose to use 63 10-inch squares so my quilt ended up being a throw size - 56" x 72".  I did not add borders to this quilt either.  Jungle Fever was completed in 2013.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment