About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Show & Tell Tuesday (Blue Palace & Winter Retreat)

Show & Tell Tuesday

Blue Palace


My FAVORITE color combination - Blue & White!!!

I began Blue Palace in 2013.  The pattern was designed by Bonnie Mitchell for Clothworks.  I used fabrics from the Blue Palace collection by Johnny Karwan.  It is made with 32 eight-inch blocks set on point.  I got all of the Blue Palace fabric from my local quilt shop - Pennington Quilt Works.


I completed this quilt in 2014.  The final measurements are 58" x 69".


Winter Retreat


Winter Retreat is a pattern for Heartspun Charms designed by Pam Buda.  The pattern is available from
 The Village Mercantile.  It is made with an Ohio Star block variation.  You will need three charm packs plus some border fabric, and backing to finish this darling quilt.  



I competed Winter Retreat in April 2013.  My finished quilt measures 39" x 39".  I quilted it on my long arm quilting machine - Ava, with a Baptist Fan pattern.  I use it as a wall hanging and a table topper.


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment