About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday (Christmas Tree Skirt, Evergreen Table Runner, Oh Christmas Tree, Tis the Season)

Show & Tell Tuesday  

Christmas is just around the corner so today I want to share a few of the Christmas items I have made over the years.

Our Christmas Tree Skirt

Until a few years ago we did not have a Christmas tree skirt.  We simply used a red tablecloth to cover the bottom of our tree.  Then in 2013  I decided we needed something quilted.

This tree skirt was made from 61 five-inch charm squares, borders, backing and binding.

It measures 45" square.


Evergreen

In 2011  I took a class at Byrne Sewing Connection in Doylestown, PA.  It was a mystery class and all we were told was to bring five Christmas fabrics that coordinate.

The day consisted of sewing seven steps and the finished product was this pretty Christmas table runner.  



The original pattern is called "Christmas is Coming" by Judy Hopkins and the finished runner measures 22" X 72".


Oh Christmas Tree

I made Oh Christmas Tree in 2013.  It is made from 1174 pieces of stash fabric.


It measures 38" X 44" and hangs in our family room during the month of December.


'Tis the Season

I made 'Tis the Season in 2013 from a Turnover and 1 1/2" strips.


It measures 54" X 54".


The following are a few other Christmas projects that I have already blogged about:

A Dresden Christmas



A Baltimore Christmas



My Christmas Hexie Quilt
(incomplete)


May the peace of the Christmas season be with all of you!

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn 

1 comment: