About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday - Will You be Mine? and Shirt Tales

Show & Tell Tuesday


I have two quilts to share today.


Will You be mine?


These pretty paper-pieced hearts came together beautifully when I alternated them with some heart squares.  


I used the paper piecing pattern from the book Show Me How to Paper Piece by Carol Doak

That Patchwork Place-Show Me How To Paper Piece, , hi-res

 and it is available  HERE.


This was my second attempt at paper piecing.  It was while making this quilt that I realized how much I enjoy paper piecing.   

I finished my quilt in 2010 with alternating squares, sashing and cornerstones.




It measures 61" X 61".


Shirt Tales


Homestead Hearth of Mexico, Missouri, offered Shirt Tales as a
 Block of the Month in February 2009.

It was assembled from 3", 6" and 9" blocks into 12" X 18" panels.

Then these panels were sewn together and a border was added.

It was distributed by Quakertown Quits of Friendship, TX.  




I finished Shirt Tales in 2010 and it measures 66" X 84".

I hope you enjoyed these two quilts.

Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

No comments:

Post a Comment