About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday Strip Sampler & Ready Set Go

Show & Tell Tuesday

I have two quilts to share today.


Strip Sampler

This Strip of the Month Sampler was designed by Vicki McGowen and Kathy Hock in 1998.


The original quilt pattern was offered by Quilting by the Bay in Panama City, Florida in 2010 and it looked like this:



I made mine almost the same but I left off the top applique row.  I love the way the original quilt looked but I am not very proficient at applique so I decided not to add it to my quilt.



I completed my Strip Sampler in 2011 and it measures 71" X 92".



Ready Set Go!

The fabrics I used for my Ready Set Go quilt were fabric strips that originally were to go into a strip club quilt from The Village Quilter.  I did not particularly like the fabrics for the pattern they gave us.  

I always wanted to try the Jelly Roll Race Quilt so I decided to use my strip club jelly roll to give this quilt a try.  

It was a lot of fun to make and it went together very quickly. 

 I was happy with my decision to re-purpose this jelly roll.



I completed Ready Set Go in 2012 and it measures 56" X 74".


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn

1 comment:

  1. I am looking for the Strip of Month Sampler pattern I have one but it not complete. If anyone has it please contract me at margievenherm@yahoo.com or 706-949-0333 please thank you

    ReplyDelete