About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday - Keystone Stars & Peace on Earth

Show & Tell Tuesday
(or is it Wednesday)

I have two quilts to share today.


Keystone Stars


Gina Gempesaw of Gem Hill Quilts designed Keystone Stars in 2009.  It was offered as a Block of the Month by Country Quiltworks.  


Each month I was given fabric to complete two blocks.  The blocks are all constructed in exactly the same way, only with different fabric.

The pieced border was a little tricky for me, but I was able to figure it out.  This pieced border definitely adds to the appeal of this quilt.




I completed Keystone Stars in 2010 and it measures 77" X 102".


Peace on Earth

Peace on Earth has an interesting story.  I was participating in a mystery quilt a few years ago.  I had a pretty jelly roll that I wanted to use and I decided to use it for this mystery. 

As I was working the pattern I misread the directions.  I was supposed to slice the strip sets I had constructed in two different ways but I only sliced them in one direction.  

I figured the pattern and fabric was a loss until I decided to be a little creative with my mis-cut blocks.  
The finished quilt looks nothing like the original pattern but I like the result any way.




I display this quilt at Christmas time because of the beautiful red, green and ecru fabric.  It was completed in 2011 and it measures 62" X 65".


Until Next Time.....Happy Stitching!!!

Sharyn



No comments:

Post a Comment