About Me

My photo
New Jersey, United States
I am the wife of a wonderful husband and the mom of three super adult kids and their spouses. I also proudly have five adorable grandsons. I happily taught preschool for 25 years. When I'm not with my grandsons I spend much of my time indulging in my "Quilty Pleasures."

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Soup-athon

Italian Vegetable Soup


  • 1 pound    Ground Beef
  • 1 Cup       Chopped Onion
  • 1 Cup       Chopped Celery
  • 1 Cup       Chopped Carrots
  • 2 Cloves   Garlic, Minced
  • 1 (14oz)    Can Diced Tomatoes
  • 1 (15oz)    Can Tomato Sauce
  • 2 (19oz)    Cans Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 Cups       Water
  • 5 t.            Beef Bouillon Granules
  • 1 T.           Dried Parsley
  • 1/2 t.         Dried Oregano
  • 1/2 t.         Dried Basil
  • 2 Cups       Chopped Cabbage
  • 1 (15oz)     Can Whole Kernel Corn
  • 1 (15oz)     Can Green Beans
  • 1 Cup         Macaroni

1.  Place ground beef in a large soup pot.  Cook over medium heat until evenly browned.  Drain excess fat.  Stir in onion, celery, carrots, garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, water and bouillon.  Season with parsley, oregano and basil.  Simmer for 20 minutes.

2.  Stir in cabbage, corn, green beans and macaroni.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.  Simmer until vegetables are tender and macaroni is al dente.  Add more water or beef broth is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment